Sunday, June 29, 2008

Big Brother Shane and Kara Visit

It was such a wonderful week having Shane and Kara home for a visit, but it went entirely too fast. It was only the third time they had gotten to see Chelsea since she had been born other than pictures. They got to see her the day she was born, at Christmas and then this week. So it must be crazy for them to see the major changes she goes through when they see her. I do send them lots of pictures, but it's nothing like seeing her in person. I thought this picture below was so neat because they were not looking at the camera but at her, and sometimes those make for some of the best pictures.
This one here I just thought was a great picture of the two of them. We got so many good pictures while there were here that it was really hard to pick which ones to put on here.
Here is a cute on of Chelsea making friends with Cindy, Shane and Kara's dog. Cindy was so good and tolerant of Chelsea laying all over her and chasing her all over the house.
Isn't this just so cute, Chelsea kept doing this, and Cindy would just look at her and say are you done yet? I want to get some sleep now.
Here is one of my children and me, it's gonna be a rare time to have all of us together at the same time now that the boys are older and going their own ways now, and Shane has Kara's family he spends holidays with too. So I cherish these times so much.
Here is a great one of Kara and Chelsea the next morning after they arrived and below is one with Shane and Chelsea too. They couldn't believe how big she had gotten, how much she was getting around, and how much she was "talking".
They just left this morning and already I miss them and the house seems super quiet. They live up in Houghton for school which is 10 hours north but at times seems a world away. I miss my dude but I know it's all part of growing up.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

What great pictures!! I didn't realize Shane had a girlfriend! They look so happy together too. Chels was soo cute with the dog. Thanks for sharing!

Debby said...

Awwwww how cute! Houghton is only 7 hours from here. You can come here as a stop off point! Got an extra bed...problem solved!