Friday, June 20, 2008

Life Lesson Learned....

Yesterday God tapped me on the shoulder and said hey, apparently you are a bit stubborn (okay really stubborn) and need this lesson for the millionth time. I know I usually only blog about Chelsea, not by intent, but she is the center of my life right now so she is usually the main topic. But back to the lesson.

I have these friends I have known for about 3 years now first online then in person. They came to my baby shower and have been just great supportive people. After I had Chelsea I kept them updated with pictures and such, but I heard back from them less and less, so I sent them emails less and less. Eventually communications just stopped. Now, I didn't consciously think hey I guess we are not friends anymore and I guess we have gone our separate ways, but I guess somewhere in the back of my head I thought that.

Ya know we all get busy with our lives and let the little things get us and soon we loose touch with what is most important to us family and friends. We get so caught up with hurrying here and there, from one event to the next, one appointment to the next, and one errand to the next, that we don't have time for the important things in our lives. We don't slow down and take the time to notice the little things like gosh, flowers, and what our little ones just learned to do, or that gee we haven't called in our friends or family in forever.

I got an email from said friends saying that their father had passed away suddenly from complications do to an auto accident. My first instinct was to find out where the showing was and to get there to be there for them, and find a way to get flowers there for them. I did not hesitate. They are my friends, they need me, that's it, period. DING DING DING.. God said... that's the point, I am not letting you blow off your friendships so easily just because you or they may be busy. He decided to let me know how much they needed me, and to be honest how much I needed them as friends as well. When they saw me standing there in the doorway, first their jaws dropped to the floor, then the tears flowed. It was absolute shock on their faces, and so very very much more, that can not be described in words. I knew with out a doubt I had done the right thing. They were also thrilled that I brought Chelsea with me. They had never met Chelsea, and it brought smiles to their faces, if even for a little while during this very hard time they are going through. So I guess after all in a way this is a blog about Chelsea as well.

Now I am not saying it should take a tragedy to bring people together but who are we to question how things work. It seems it always takes things such as this to wake us up and to make us realize what is really important in life. Is it that perfectly, impeccably clean house, or that phone call at just the right moment to make some one's day??

1 comment:

Theresa said...

That is definitely a lesson learned. And you wrote it very well!