Monday, September 1, 2008

Cheslsea's Birthday Bash

It's so hard to believe a year has already gone by and our little girl is a year old. Before we know it she will be graduating and we will be throwing a graduation party, but for now back to her birthday party. We did a butterfly theme for her with lavender and pink. We also had pink and purple flowers on the tables. If you click on the picture you can even see a butterfly hooked on the flower vase.As you can see in the doorway we even had butterfly hanging there, we may use those and hang them in her room for a while. Daycare was ever so nice to give them to me because I could not find them anywhere. Apparently butterflies are a springtime decoration. Pffft whatever.!!!For her cake we did cupcakes that had butterfly sprinkles on them with of course lavender and pink icing. She had her own personal pink cake that had a butterfly on it for later destruction.
With Nick's much appreciated help, we got a DVD made that had a bunch of pictures playing from the day she was born right up until about a week before the party. That sure had a lot of memories for everyone on it.Daddy surprised both Chelsea and I, obviously me, with my rocker from when I was little all redone and brand new for Chelsea for her birthday. I had no clue he was doing this, and trust me he can never ever keep a secret. So how he managed to keep this one I will never know, and it must have killed him to not tell a single person on either side of the family about it. Of course I cried. I had this chair as a child, and my boys used it when they were young and now Chelsea gets to use it. Hopefully she will get to let her children use it some day.

Here is Miss Chelsea with her birthday cake. All she would do is touch the frosting and lick her fingers she just wouldn't get into it. I had to take her hand and smash it into it for her, and she still really wouldn't really get into it. At one point I tipped it up for her, and the put her hands on each side and squeezed it a bit,............ then hugged the darn thing. It was just too darn cute to see her do that.

Opening all the gifts she had I think was a bit over the top for her and the party a bit long for her but when she saw this horse in the bag, she practically ripped it out of the bagged and just hugged and hugged it.

Here you see the damages. I don't think the girl did to bad or was lacking. She has a whole new wardrobe, and even a brand new bikini for CA. It looks like a bomb went off at the house but you only turn ONE once in your life, so you gotta live it up right?!?!?!?!!!
Here is the happy girl after her long day of partying. She was actually having a ball playing on top of what else.............. a BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, happy birthday again, to that little butterfly darling! Those are great pictures and I'm just amazed at Rob's gift to her (and you). A milestone for sure!

Debby said...

Wow that rocker was an awesome gift!

She's so precious with that horsey too!

What a haul she made! I should have you cater my birthday party this year!